Warning Signs of Periodontal Disease, provided by the American Dental Association
1. Gums that bleed when you brush your teeth
2. Gums are red, swollen or tender
3. Gums have pulled away (receded) from teeth
4. Persistent bad breath
5. Permanent teeth are loose or separating
6. Change in the way your teeth fit when biting
7. Change in the fit of partial dentures
8. Pus between teeth and gums when gums are pressed
The pictures on the left show the stages of periodontitis: (from the top)healthy, gingivitis, early periodontitis, moderate periodontitis, and advanced periodontitis.
If one or more of these warning signs apply to you or if your gums look similar to any of the pictures, do not hesitate to call us to get a consult. We are always happy to get your teeth and gums healthy!