Here are Warning Signs of Periodontal Disease provided by American Dental Association
1. Gums that bleed when you brush your teeth?
2. Gums are red, swollen or tender?
3. Gums have pulled away (receded) from teeth?
4. Pus between teeth and gums when gums are pressed?
5. Permanent teeth are loose or separating?
6. Change in the way your teeth fit when biting?
7. Any change in fit of partial dentures?
8. Persistent bad breath?
The picture on the left shows the stages of periodontitis: (from the top)healthy, gingivitis, early periodontitis, moderate periodontitis, and advanced periodontitis.
If one or more of these warning signs apply to you or if your gums look similar to any of the pictures, do not hesitate to call us to get a consult. We are always happy to get your teeth and gums healthy!